Music Moments | Online Moments | Movie Moments | Beauty Moments | Fashion Moments | Thrift Moments | Random Moments

Monday 23 June 2014

Beauty Moments | June Birchbox

Hi Guys,
Recently I received my second Birchbox. If you don't know what a birchbox is, I'll tell you a little about it. Basically, a birchbox is a subscription service, where for £12.95 each month you get sent a box containing sample sized products of great brands. I'm fairly new to birchbox, but from the two I've had, it also seems like you get at least one full sized product with each box as well, but like I said, I've only ever had two boxes, so I don't know if that always happens.
Anyway, on to my June birchbox.


Products
  1. Beauty Blender + Blender Cleanser Solid | Full Sized | £26
  2. O.P.I Nail Lacquer - The Brazil Collection | Sample | £11.95
  3. Caudalie Vinoperfect SPF15 Day Perfecting Fluid | Sample | £38
  4. Naobay Body Radiance Lotion | Sample | £14
  5. TheBalm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Creeam | Sample | £26 for Palette
  6. Birchbox Brazil Inspired Keyring
Thoughts

O.P.I Nail Lacquer

+ The Color
+ Sample size is good
+ Two coats provides great coverage
- Grainy feel to the finish

Would I buy it? No.

For me the grainy finish is enough to put me off.



Beauty Blender

+ Blends my make-up really well
+ Handy cleanser to keep it clean
- Price

Would I buy it? No.

I'm glad I got the full sized product here, because it is handy and I do like it, but I think the price is too high for what it is.

Caudalie Vinoperfect SPF15 Day Perfecting Fluid

+ You only need a small amount each time
+ Good sample size
+ Feels nice on my skin
+ Brightens & Evens my skintone
+ Makes my make-up go on smoother
+ SPF 15 
- Price

Would I buy it? No.

Unfortunately, however much I love this product £38 is just too high a price for me to be able to afford. It is, however a fantastic product, and if I could afford it, I'd get it.

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion

+ Spreads really well
+ Absorbs quickly
+ Non-Greasy Feel
+ Smells amazing (Lemon scent)
+ Leaves my skin really soft
+ Organic

Would I buy it? Yes.

I loved this product, so I would definitely buy the full sized version.

TheBalm Cosmetics How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream (Color: Pie)

+ Works well as lip & cheek product
+ Blends nicely
+ Nice color for summer
+ Easy to apply
+ Nice packaging
+ Color lasts a long time
+Feels nice on skin
- A little dry on lips

Would I buy it? Yes

I think it's great to have a product that works really well as a lip and cheek product. I don't tend to like blushers on me, but when I tried this one out, I really liked the look and feel of it. So I would definitely buy the full palette.

Birchbox Brazil Inspired Keyring

This was a little lifestyle extra, and it's a really nice, bright keyring. 

Verdict

Overall I was really pleased with my June birchbox. There were some great products, including some which I will be buying in the future. The sample sizes were all really good, and I liked the little lifestyle extra.

Best Products | Naobay Body Radiance Lotion
Worst Product | O.P.I Nail Lacquer

If you got the June birchbox, let me know what you thought of it in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment